Interim Projects - Managers and Executives (Accounting)
- - Boston
- Boston, MA, USA
- Competitive Pay
Are you looking for opportunities to apply your accounting knowledge on a project/consulting basis? Do you want to expand your experiences working with clients in public and private industries? If so, we want to hear from you!
StoneTurn is seeking qualified manager and executive level professionals to join our team on an interim and project basis in the Greater Boston and New England area.
Skillset and Experience Summary
In this position you will be responsible for contributing to and managing project-based matters at the firm. You will leverage past industry and subject matter expertise as a valued member to our team. Industries of focus include financial services, healthcare and life sciences, technology and manufacturing among others. Our interim and project based positions require you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills. Professionals are required to have technical skills and experiences in accounting and finance including knowledge of GAAP, GAAS, IFRS, COSO framework and SEC industry reporting standards. Engagements will require advising clients on a variety of tactical and strategic initiatives that contribute to the operational and reporting excellence of our clients. This consists of complex accounting and financial reporting requirements including, but not limited to:
• Financial Controllership, CFO and Reporting
o Accounting policy and technical accounting research
o External audit preparation
o SEC reporting requirements
o Financial restatements
• Business Process and Controls
o Controls review, risk assessments and implementation
o Financial system implementation, enhancements, and conversions
o Development and implementation of accounting and operational policies
• Transaction Support
o Pre-acquisition financial and investigations due diligence
o Post-acquisition integration support
o Divestitures and financial carve-outs
• Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
o Budget/Forecast Analysis
o Creation, tracking, and reporting of KPI's
o Strategic planning and budgeting
• Work independently and at the direction of clients in a variety of matters providing accounting and finance expertise on a project basis.
• Demonstrate strong understanding of planning, management, and execution of cross-disciplinary engagements spanning a variety of accounting and financial advisory matters.
• Possess ability to direct and assist in the performance of high quality financial analyses and work product creation.
• Review and summarize client documents, analyst reports, and third party financial and industry data, as applicable.
• Create and develop client deliverables including, but not limited to, research summaries and effectively communicate results.
• Accountable for multiple priorities/projects, timely preparation and quality control of deliverables while managing the expectations of clients to help ensure satisfaction.
• Build and review financial models to analyze economic and financial data using spreadsheets and databases, as applicable.
• Effectively manage risks associated with client and project matters.
• Demonstrate professionalism and foster a team-oriented environment through maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and by maintaining a positive and cooperative attitude.
• Foster a positive, efficient and team-oriented environment.
• B.A. in Accounting, Finance or related field; CPA, CMA or CIA certifications are strongly preferred. Other certifications include CFA, CFE, CFF, CAMS.
• 8+ years of strong experience in accounting or finance.
• 3+ years in a professional services role, preferable in consulting or as an external or internal auditor (Big 4 or large consulting firm preferred).
• Experience working with enterprise resource and accounting systems (Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards, Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Sage-Intacct, etc.).
• Experience within financial services (banking broker/dealer, asset management, hedge funds, insurance), healthcare and life sciences (pharmaceutical, managed care, biotech), technology (computer, software, semi-conductor) or manufacturing industries.
• Flexibility with the potential travel requirements of client engagements.
• Excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, prioritization and verbal/written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to structure and perform technical projects, manage client expectations and relationships.
• Commitment to exemplary client service delivery.
This is position pays the employee or subcontractor on an hourly basis. Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.
Apply directly on StoneTurn's career page at http://stoneturn.hirecentric.com/jobs/. For additional information, go to www.stoneturn.com.