Director - Forensic Technology (Lab)
- - London
- London, LOND, GBR
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Full Time
- Competitive benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Director to lead our Forensic Technology practice in London.
StoneTurn's Forensic Technology Practice assists lawyers and corporate clients with all information technology needs in forensic and litigation environments by utilizing state-of-the-art technology laboratories to stay ahead of the technology curve. Our national practice consists of certified computer forensic experts (EnCE, CCME, & CCE), including former "Big 4" specialists and strategic relationships with former law enforcement professionals. Our employees are skilled in obtaining and analyzing forensic images, restoring data obtained through forensic technology, performing in-house, third-party and incident response investigations, and assisting clients in the electronic discovery ("eDiscovery") process from the initial planning stage through data retrieval and production.
In this role you will be responsible for launching and managing the local computer forensics lab in the London market, delivering client engagements and working with the firm's existing forensic technology team to provide coordinated solutions on client matters in the investigation and litigation environment. You will lead business development efforts for the Forensic Technology practice in London and will add value by having previous experience in computer forensics, data analytics and electronic discovery. This position requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
- Application of forensic collection/preservation & analysis principles in the litigation environment
- Understanding client needs in electronic and traditional discovery management
- Collaboration with Partners in StoneTurn's Forensic Accounting, Litigation, and Compliance practices to deliver coordinated services
- Lead Request for Proposal (RFP) process for Forensic Technology engagements, including generate budget estimates
- Lead the firm's local Forensic Technology business development initiatives
- Oversee and lead Forensic Technology engagements beginning to end, including engagement acceptance, data preservation, data recovery, forensic analysis, reporting on results through to billing and collections
- Maintain regular contact with, and manage the expectations of, clients to help ensure client satisfaction, and report progress, both internally and externally, where applicable
- Serve as a firmwide technical resource to ensure Quality Control processes are followed and maintained on engagements
- Facilitate client and internal team meetings to document client objectives and requirements, make recommendations and determine best solutions
- Invest in development of co-workers and staff, providing performance feedback and training
- Foster a positive, efficient, and team-oriented environment
- Ensure consistent high quality work product
- Execute multiple priorities and projects on a daily basis
- Good class degree in any in computer science or related field
- 8+ years of hands-on technical, computer forensic investigations and/or electronic discovery experience
- 4+ years of management experience
- In-depth Financial Services experience (e.g. surveillance and/or compliance)
- In depth experience of ACPO guidelines and gathering material to both civil and criminal evidential standards
- Network of relationships within law firms and corporate legal departments
- Extensive familiarity with EnCase and Cellebrite
- Strong working knowledge of Windows/Mac operating systems
- Experience with eDiscovery matters
- Experience with various forms of electronic media and cloud based systems
- Flexibility with the potential travel requirements of client engagements
- Professional demeanor and strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to structure and perform technical projects, manage client expectations and relationships
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Commitment to exemplary client service delivery
- Experience in a professional services firm
- EnCE, CCE, CFCE, or CCME certifications
- Fluency with mobile forensics (cell phones, tablets, media players)
- Experience with eDiscovery tools (Intella, NUIX, dtSearch)
- Familiarity with Mac OS X and *NIX operating systems
- Understanding of mail servers, backup software and database systems
- Professional forensics training
- Experience giving evidence
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Applicants for employment in United Kingdom must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.