Managing Director - Intellectual Property and Dispute Litigation
- - Chicago
- Chicago, IL, USA
- competitive pay
- Full Time
- competitive benefts
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Managing Director to join our Intellectual Property and Complex Business Litigation practice in our Austin, Chicago and Dallas locations.
StoneTurn's Intellectual Property professionals possess significant experience providing a range of litigation support and transactional services. Drawing from diverse backgrounds in licensing, economics, law, finance and accounting, StoneTurn has provided IP services to client companies ranging from start-up organizations to Fortune 50 multinational enterprises, and for a majority of the NLJ 50 law firms.
In this role you will be responsible for leading day to day activity on client engagements. In addition, you will be directly participating in the marketing efforts for the Intellectual Property practice nationally and the Complex Business Litigation practice in Austin. The ideal candidate will add value to our team by having significant previous experience in working on and leading patent infringement dispute matters and front line experience with business development. This position requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
• Integrate with Partners and Managing Directors in StoneTurn's Intellectual Property and Complex Business Litigation practice to deliver coordinated services on engagements
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of planning and management of engagements
• Accountable for timely preparation and quality control of client deliverables
• Lead and directly participate in marketing initiatives
• Develop and maintain client relationships
• Maintain regular contact with, and manage the expectations of, clients to help ensure client satisfaction, and report progress, both internally and externally, where applicable
• Ensure all Quality Control processes are followed and maintained on engagements
• Facilitate client and internal team meetings to document client objectives and requirements, while making recommendations and determining the best solutions
• Mentor and develop Managers, Senior Consultants and Consultants by serving as an advisor, mentor and providing timely performance feedback/training and conducting performance reviews
• Foster a positive, efficient and team-oriented environment
• Ensure consistent high quality work product
• Execute multiple priorities and projects on a daily basis
• CPA, CVA, CFE, MBA and/or advanced degree in economics, accounting or finance
• Significant prior dispute consulting and patent infringement damages dispute experience, 7+ years total experience in accounting or finance, dispute and intellectual property consulting
• Manager level or above equivalent experience in a professional services firm
• Professional demeanor and strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to structure and perform technical projects, manage client expectations and relationships
• Excellent prioritization skills
• Commitment to exemplary client service delivery
• Testimony experience
• Network of relationships within law firms and corporate legal departments
• Professional designation(s) (CPA, CVA, CFE, CLP, similar)
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.
Apply directly on StoneTurn's career page at http://stoneturn.hirecentric.com/jobs/. For additional information, go to www.stoneturn.com.