Senior Consultant - Compliance and Monitoring
- - Denver
- Denver, CO, USA
- Competitive Pay and Bonus
- Full Time
- Very Competitive Benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting, consulting and law firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Senior Consultant to join our Compliance and Monitoring team in our Denver office.
StoneTurn Group is an international independent consulting firm providing specialized services in Compliance and Monitoring, Complex Business Litigation, Forensic Accounting, Forensic Technology and Intellectual Property matters.
Our Compliance and Monitoring practice provides advisory and investigative services to attorneys, corporations, regulatory agencies and boards of directors.
As a member of StoneTurn's proactive compliance advisory practice, you will regularly assist in both the assessment and implementation of organizations' ethics and compliance programs. This includes evaluating compliance program elements including policies and procedures, training and communications, risk assessments and reporting and monitoring. Specifically, you will be responsible for assisting with compliance program assessments, internal investigations, policy and governance enhancements (including third-party due diligence, anti-bribery and corruption and anti-money laundering) and enterprise risk assessments. Finally, as part of StoneTurn's global advisory practice, you may also be tasked with financial and economic analysis performed within the investigation and dispute litigation environment.
You will add value to our team by having previous experience in a professional services firm or working in-house on compliance and regulatory matters. You will have strong analytical skills and excellent writing and editing skills. This position also requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal communication and time management and organizational skills. This position may require occasional travel.
- Provide compliance advisory services to our clients as it relates to compliance and monitoring matters (e.g. gap analyses, risk assessments, investigative research, internal control reviews/tests and policy and governance assessments)
- Monitor and assess current compliance/ethics industry trends and activities to identify and develop best practices and initiatives that foster a culture of compliance for our clients
- Understand and incorporate client needs and objectives into work plans and work product
- Create and maintain dashboards, scorecards or other measurement tools to routinely assess the performance of clients' ethics and compliance program
- Gather, organize, understand, analyze and summarize supporting documentation for program reviews and recommendations and investigation reports
- Read, understand and interpret company policies and procedures, regulatory guidance, financial statements and other company records
- Perform controls and compliance analyses while understanding their impact to operational, legal, reputational and financial risks
- Develop and communicate work product, both orally and in writing to team members and clients
- Draft work product to include reports and presentations of the highest quality
- Assist with engagement management administration, develop and maintain client relationships and relationships with firm executives
- Where needed, assist team members with the supervision of Consultants and Interns and assist with the performance of gathering, organizing and understanding supporting documentation
- Perform detailed review for quality control of all work performed by Consultants and Interns
- Mentor and develop Consultants and Interns
- A minimum three years of strong experience in compliance, internal audit, regulatory research, paralegal or similar
- Experience providing consulting, advisory and/or management services in a regulatory and enforcement environment
- Strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Commitment to exemplary client service delivery
- Must be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements of client service projects
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP) or similar certification is a plus
- Prior in-house compliance and/or regulatory or legal role(s)
- Supervisory and project management experience preferred
- Client service experience preferred, national accounting or law firm experience
- Network of relationships within law firms and corporate legal departments
- Foreign language capabilities (Russian, Chinese, Spanish, Portuguese and others)
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages including health care coverage, dental plan/flexible spending account (FSA), matching 401k plan, pre-tax transportation program and cell phone plan for employee and spouse.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with StoneTurn Group.
StoneTurn Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply directly on StoneTurn's career page at http://stoneturn.hirecentric.com/jobs/. For additional information, go to www.stoneturn.com.