Chief Human Resources Officer
- - New York City
- New York, NY, USA
- Competitive Pay
- Full Time
- Competitive Benefits
CHIEF HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICER
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
A critical member of the StoneTurn's ("Firm") leadership team, the Chief Human Resources Officer plays an integral role and is an essential business partner by ensuring a strong linkage between the Firm's strategic goals and its HR programs. This leader demonstrates a deep understanding of the business and will use their experience, passion for and knowledge of Human Resources (HR) to support the business strategy that is aligned with its culture and values. Working closely with the firm's leadership, this role is expected to be hands-on and balancing the strategic with the tactical while managing the full range of HR programs, including talent acquisition and management, compensation and benefits, payroll, employee development, organization design, employee engagement, policies and compliance.
This leader will also be charged with driving efforts around culture and engagement during the Firm's next phase of global growth and transformation, participating as a strategic partner with a focus on the impact on people.
Above all, this executive must serve as a trusted advisor, coach and consultant for the Firm's partners and executives to improve their leadership capability, team effectiveness, strategic insight, and business performance.
• Provide leadership to the Firm's human resources staff by building, motivating and retaining a strong, results-oriented and respected HR organization; management of HR budget; development of HR performance metrics.
• Ensure timely responsiveness to needs of internal partners.
• Develop global strategies and programs to improve culture, build leadership capability, employee engagement, and diversity & inclusion in order to strengthen the employee value proposition.
• Evaluate processes, procedures, and technology solutions to improve human resources data management, with an emphasis on accuracy and efficiency. Leverage data and analytics to inform strategies to drive business decisions.
• Work closely with the Firm's Talent Acquisition leader to support the continuing recruitment of top-quality talent.
• Manage and develop comprehensive benefit programs that are market competitive in each of the Firm's Global locations with a close eye on balancing responsible spend on overall benefit cost.
• Proactively manage talent and leadership development programs through relevant learning processes and succession planning initiatives.
• Promote an environment of diversity and inclusion that enables all staff to contribute to their full potential.
• Develop and oversee total compensation strategies that include competitive direct and indirect programs aligned with the Firm's value proposition.
• Ensure the accurate and timely processing of payroll, compliance with all benefits program requirements and labor laws in all jurisdictions.
• Lead all employee and human resource communications strategies to deliver necessary information, simplifying the messages to focus on what matters.
• Interact with the FIRM's Board of Directors and specifically the Compensation Committee with respect to overall talent and compensation practices.
The desired candidate will be a credible and experienced business executive with strategic insight and a proven capability connecting at all levels. 15+ years of experience in the HR function with five or more years in an impactful and strategic leadership role ideally in a professional services environment, the next CHRO must be exceptionally skilled in the development and management of the HR function in a fast-paced, results-oriented company with a strong culture. The CHRO must have a demonstrated ability to build and/or elevate the function during times of change while influencing at multiple levels. More specifically, the successful candidate will have:
• The ability to think strategically to synthesize the company's culture, mission, and business units, in order to support and contribute to the company's growth initiatives
• Recent experience establishing the processes necessary to implement new and innovative programs to attract professionals who are in high demand
• Strong personal credibility with high character and integrity, with ability to build trusted relationships with the Firm's partners and employees alike.
• A high degree of intelligence, self-confidence and charisma to function effectively as a consultant and counselor to the Managing Partner and the Firm as a whole. Natural empathy along with the managerial courage to make and execute difficult decisions to support the long-term success.
• Collaborative management style, marked by transparency and flexibility, with a commitment to building strong teams
• In-depth knowledge of relevant employment laws and regulations
• History of being well-integrated into the HR community in order to maintain a current knowledge of all issues and trend
• Proven success operating in an environment with limited resources as the Firm's leaders operate as "player/coaches" – willing to get into the weeds as required to ensure the work gets done
• Experience in and passion to be part of a global organization is desired
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field.
• Graduate degree in relevant discipline desirable.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.
Apply directly on StoneTurn's career page at http://stoneturn.hirecentric.com/jobs/. For additional information, go to www.stoneturn.com.