Practice Development Director
- - New York City
- New York City, NY, USA
- Full Time
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships. We provide expertise in: Litigation Advisory, Investigations, Compliance & Monitoring, Valuation, Forensic Technology and Data Analytics.
Based in New York, the Practice Development Director will work closely with the VP of Marketing and firm leadership on efforts to support a range of business development activities'from identifying opportunities through to tracking results. The successful candidate will assist our firm in leveraging strong, long-term relationships and in developing new ones to deliver highly visible results as part of a lean team.
- Identify prospects and leads for new business, qualify opportunities, and manage the execution of firm-wide business development pursuits by coordinating and facilitating activities across the firm
- Assist StoneTurn's Partners in managing a portfolio of target accounts and drive strategic targeting program activities
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of StoneTurn's capabilities to effectively engage clients and prospects
- Work closely with VP of Marketing and Practice Development Manager to manage a range of hosted and sponsored events and speaking engagements for Partners and other senior professionals; this includes details surrounding brand elements; directing administrative resources and others on logistics; coordinating follow-up activities; and tracking results in the context of annual planning
- Facilitate the creation of presentations, pitches and proposals to support new business pursuits, track outcomes and seek feedback from colleagues
- Manage the creation and maintenance of an talent / experience database
- Maintain and update competitive intelligence, market trends and other research resources
- Assist in coordinating responses for inbound business development leads
- Work closely with Practice Development Manager to update and maintain Salesforce (CRM), including detailed documentation of business development activities, mailing lists to support direct marketing efforts and events, and quarterly reporting to leadership
- Working closely with the Practice Development Manager, provide ongoing training to colleagues on Salesforce best practices and newly-developed functionality
- Work closely with VP of Marketing, other team resources and colleagues, to assist on business development and marketing opportunities such as professional memberships, awards and honors
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business or related field
- 7-10 years of experience in a professional services environment (i.e., law firm or consulting firm); preference for experience in a rapidly growing firm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proactive problem solver with the ability to prioritize and manage competing needs
- Strong professional presence and ability to hold meaningful dialogue with senior executives
- Experience developing and communicating complex value propositions
- Detail oriented, ability to quickly adapt in changing environment
- Energetic, enthusiastic and organized
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to work autonomously while being a team player
- Experience with Salesforce
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.