Senior Consultant- Forensic Accounting and Compliance and Monitoring
- - San Francisco
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Competitive pay
- Full Time
- Competitive benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K. and in Germany, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Senior Consultant to join our Forensic Accounting and Compliance and Monitoring team in our San Francisco office.
StoneTurn Group is an international independent consulting firm providing specialized services in Compliance and Remediation, Complex Business Litigation, Forensic Accounting, Forensic Technology and Intellectual Property matters.
Our Compliance, Remediation & Forensic Accounting and Dispute Litigation practices provide financial analysis and investigative services to attorneys, corporations, regulatory agencies and individuals. We have experienced, certified public and chartered accountants, former auditors and investigators, many of whom have joined StoneTurn from the global accounting firms, consulting firms, corporations and government agencies.
In this role you will be responsible for compliance analysis particularly focusing on regulatory and enforcement matters. You will also be responsible for financial and economic analysis performed within the investigation and dispute litigation environment. You will add value to our team by having previous experience in a professional services firm, working on compliance based matters with a heavy focus on financial analyses. You will have strong analytical skills and excellent prioritization skills. This position also requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
- Provide consulting services to our clients as it relates to controls, compliance and monitoring matters
- Provide consulting services on forensic accounting investigations
- Understand and incorporate client needs and objectives into work plans and work product
- Gather, organize, understand, analyze and summarize supporting documentation
- Read, understand and interpret company compliance and control procedures financial statements and records
- Perform controls and compliance analyses while understanding their impact to financial statements
- Compile and analyze facts and circumstances to formulate, substantiate and critique various theories, claims or conclusions
- Understand, develop and utilize computer models streamlining detailed and potentially complex information into clear and concise analyses
- Develop and communicate work product, both orally and in writing to management and clients
- Draft work product to include reports and presentations of the highest quality
- Assist with engagement management administration, including budgeting, billing and conflict checks
- Develop and maintain client relationships and relationships with firm executives
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal data analytics and forensic technology teams
- Supervise Consultants and Interns and assist with the performance of gathering, organizing and understanding supporting documentation
- Perform detailed review for quality control of all work performed by Consultants and Interns
- Mentor and develop Consultants and Interns
- Degree in business, accounting or finance
- CPA obtained (or in process/eligible) or advanced degree business, accounting or economics
- A minimum three years of strong experience in accounting or finance
- Experience providing consulting services in a regulatory and enforcement environment
- Strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Commitment to exemplary client service delivery
- Must be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements of client service projects
- Experience providing litigation services a plus
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Forensic certifications such as CFF or CFE is a plus
- MBA, ASA, and/or CFA, a plus
- Client service experience preferred, national public accounting firm experience is a plus
- Network of relationships within law firms and corporate legal departments is a plus
- Foreign language capabilities are a plus (Japanese, Spanish, and others)
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages including health care coverage, dental plan/flexible spending account (FSA), matching 401k plan, pre-tax transportation program and cell phone plan for employee and spouse.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with StoneTurn Group.
StoneTurn Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Apply directly on StoneTurn's career page at http://stoneturn.hirecentric.com/jobs/. For additional information, go to www.stoneturn.com.