Senior Advisor - RF Engineer & GIS Specialist
- Chicago - Remote
- IL, USA
- Part Time
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn is a leading forensic accounting, corporate compliance and expert services firm that assists attorneys, corporations and government agencies on a range of high-stakes legal and risk-related issues. With professionals located in offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, as well as a network of senior advisers in numerous other countries, we provide expertise in: Litigation, Investigations, Compliance & Monitoring, Valuation, Forensic Technology and Data Analytics.
We are looking for a qualified part-time Senior Advisor (RF Engineer & GIS Specialist) with a background in radio frequency engineering and geographic information systems (GIS) to join us on a project basis within the telecommunication services industry.
In this role, you will provide consulting services alongside a team related to monitoring a 5G network deployment and other wireless assets.
You will collaborate with senior client executives and other StoneTurn professionals to deliver analysis, insight and solutions to our client. To be successful, you must possess a strong technical engineering background as well as the ability to help execute analyses and drive consensus among diverse stakeholders.
- Assessment of spectrum deployment obligations in conjunction with 5G buildout
- GIS analysis of physical assets
- Technical analysis and interpretation of coverage shape files, drive test data, and network performance data using RF and GIS skills
- Experience in analysis in 4G/5G wireless coverage analysis including maps and drive test data using industry standard tools
- Extensive knowledge of 3GPP cellular network design, RF planning, and deployment processes
- Knowledge of cell site design and site location methodologies, including search rings
- Ability to perform GIS analysis using ESRI ArcGIS and/or similar tools to generate reports
- Ability to create, import, and manipulate shape files
- Ability to analyze multiple layers within a project to perform analysis and calculations
- Experience in validating coverage requirement fulfillment such as FCC build commitments
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, wireless telecommunications, or related field required
- Ability to provide consulting services on an as needed basis (approx. 15-25 hours per week)
- At least ten years of related experience required
- Consulting, risk and quality control review experience a plus
This role is a contractor (1099), non-employee status position.
A "variable hour employee" is an employee who we cannot determine is reasonably expected to be employed on average at least 30 hours of service per week during his or her "initial measurement period" because the employee's hours are variable or otherwise uncertain.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.