Senior Advisor - Core Network Engineer or Device Engineer
- Chicago - Remote
- IL, USA
- Part Time
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn is a leading forensic accounting, corporate compliance and expert services firm that assists attorneys, corporations and government agencies on a range of high-stakes legal and risk-related issues. With professionals located in offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, as well as a network of senior advisers in numerous other countries, we provide expertise in: Litigation, Investigations, Compliance & Monitoring, Valuation, Forensic Technology and Data Analytics.
We are looking for a qualified part-time Senior Advisor (Core Network Engineer & Device Engineer) with a background in network engineering and devices to join us on a project basis within the wireless telecommunication services industry.
In this role, you will provide consulting services alongside a team related to 5G network deployments, including provisioning, network interoperability between carriers, and user equipment compatibility with these networks.
You will collaborate with senior client executives and other StoneTurn professionals to deliver analysis, insight and solutions to our client. To be successful, you must possess a strong technical engineering background as well as the ability to help execute analyses and drive consensus among diverse stakeholders.
- Assessment of readiness of a core network for 5G service launch
- Technical analysis of operational metrics for a company's customers to ensure service quality
- Technical analysis of metrics related to network interoperability between carriers and 4G/5G roaming
- Review of architecture/designs for network interoperability
- Technical analysis of device portfolio and related certification status
- Experience in core network design and operations for 4G and 5G 3GPP wireless networks
- Strong technical knowledge of:
- Operational reporting (and associated analysis of data)
- Inter and intra network handover
- Performance metrics (e.g. handover, latency, availability, dropped call)
- SIM cards, provisioning, impact of multiple PLMNs, dual IMSIs
- Cloud-based and virtualized networks
- Traffic management, quality of service, throttling, prioritization
- Strong technical knowledge and experience at the Tier 1 or Tier 2 carrier level with wireless device engineering
- Strong technical knowledge of:
- Handset and device certification, carrier and/or OEM level
- PTCRB reports
- eSIMs and SIMs
- Device unlocking
- OTA provisioning
- Ability to produce well written technical summaries
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer systems, telecommunications, or related field required
- Ability to provide consulting services on an as needed basis (approx. 10-20 hours per week on average)
- At least ten years of related experience required
- Consulting, risk and quality control review experience a plus
This role is a contractor (1099), non-employee status position.
A "variable hour employee" is an employee who we cannot determine is reasonably expected to be employed on average at least 30 hours of service per week during his or her "initial measurement period" because the employee's hours are variable or otherwise uncertain.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.