Tableau Developer - Contract, PT
- - New York City - Remote
- New York City , NY, USA
- Competitive Hourly Rate
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn is a leading forensic accounting, corporate compliance and expert services firm that assists attorneys, corporations and government agencies on a range of high-stakes legal and risk-related issues. With professionals located in offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, as well as a network of senior advisers in numerous other countries, we provide expertise in: Litigation, Investigations, Compliance & Monitoring, Valuation, Forensic Technology and Data Analytics.
We are looking for a qualified part-time Tableau Developer with a strong background in designing engaging and interactive business insights dashboards and experience in data visualization best practices to join the data analytics team. The team is currently building a transaction monitoring tool that will be used to support internal investigations workflows.
This position is a 3-month contract, remote and hours range between 20 to 25 hours a week. The candidate will work with our New York data analytics team. This role will pay very competitive hourly compensation, depending on experience.
You will collaborate with senior StoneTurn professionals to develop data driven visualization dashboards that the firm will leverage as a part of their full service client solutions. To be successful, you must have demonstrated ability to design engaging and interactive business insights dashboards using Tableau and possesses knowledge/experience on data visualization best practices, with a focus on enhancing user interaction and user experience.
- Perform hands-on work with complex data analysis, report and dashboard development BI tools such as Tableau, etc.
- Understand the business processes, the underlying data, and cross-cutting data sets for various government systems.
- Identify disparate data sources and manipulate this data in a SQL Datawarehouse
- Manipulate data for analytical purposes and create briefing slides that visualize data and provide analytical results
- Support dissemination and distribution of data and reports. Perform data validation and quality assurance, as needed.
- Support data analysis to study outliers and to understand the health of new programs within the customer unit.
- Ensure timely delivery of reports and manage conflicting priorities and customer expectations.
- Document the requirements or user-stories or unmet data needs
- 3+ years of experience designing and developing business intelligence dashboards using Tableau is required must have at least 5 years using Tableau v9.x or greater desktop.
- 3+ years in User Interface, User Experience space required (can be concurrent or overlap with Tableau experience) demonstrable with evidence of using a combination of user interface tools such as wireframes, prototypes, mock-ups, or whiteboarding to illustrate product usability.
- Confidence to work cross-functionally with various departments including business stakeholders and technical personnel to exchange ideas.
- Excellent verbal communications skills and documentation skills to maintain workflows and dashboard functionality
- Expertise in Tableau, SQL and Excel to build analysis to derive insights from data.
- Experience in data retrieval, data manipulation, data analysis and presentation using data visualizations.
- Proficiency in MS Excel with knowledge of Pivot Tables, VLookup and other advanced functions
- Expertise in one or more areas of Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Decision Support or Business Analysis is required
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Statistics, or related field is required
- Expertise in one or more areas of Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Visualization Decision Support or Business Analysis is required.
- Tableau Server Certification
This role is a part-time, variable hour employee role, non-exempt status position anticipated to work between 20-30 hours per week
A "variable hour employee" is an employee who we cannot determine is reasonably expected to be employed on average at least 30 hours of service per week during his or her "initial measurement period" because the employee's hours are variable or otherwise uncertain.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.