Senior Consultant - Forensic Accounting and Complex Business Litigation (Insurance Claims)
- - Los Angeles
- Los Angeles , CA, USA
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Time
- Competitive Benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn is a leading forensic accounting, corporate compliance and expert services firm that assists attorneys, corporations and government agencies on a range of high-stakes legal and risk-related issues. With professionals located in offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, as well as a network of senior advisers in numerous other countries, we provide expertise in: Litigation, Investigations, Compliance & Monitoring, Valuation, Forensic Technology and Data Analytics.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Senior Consultant to join our Forensic Accounting and Complex Business Litigation practice in our Los Angeles office.
In this role you will be responsible for financial and economic analysis. You will add value to our team by having previous experience in a professional services firm, strong analytical skills and excellent prioritization skills. This position requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of leading and managing engagements within forensic accounting investigation and business disputes focused on business interruption and damage quantification associated with natural disasters and FEMA-related insurance claims
- Understand and incorporate client needs and objectives into work plans and work product
- Ability to gather, organize, understand, analyze and summarize supporting documentation
- Read, understand, interpret financial statements and records and perform financial analyses
- Compile and analyze facts and circumstances to formulate, substantiate and critique various damages theories, claims or conclusions
- Understand, develop and utilize computer models streamlining detailed and potentially complex information into clear and concise analyses
- Develop and communicate work product, both orally and in writing to management and clients
- Draft reports noting findings including, but not limited to the preparation of tables, exhibits and charts
- Assist with engagement management administration, including budgeting, billing and conflict checks
- Develop and maintain client relationships and relationships with company executives
- Work cross functionally with internal data analytics and forensic technology teams
- Supervise Consultants and Interns and assist with the performance of gathering, organizing and understanding supporting documentation
- Mentor and develop Consultants and Interns
- Degree in business, accounting or finance.
- CPA obtained (or in process/eligible) or advanced degree business, accounting or economics
- A minimum three years of strong experience in accounting or finance
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Commitment to exemplary client service delivery
- Must be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements of client service projects
- Forensic certifications such as CFF or CFE is a plus
- MBA, ASA, and/or CFA, a plus
- Client service experience preferred, national CPA firm experience is a plus
- Network of relationships within law firms and corporate legal departments
- Foreign language capabilities are a plus (Japanese, Spanish, and others)
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.