Manager - Forensic Accounting and Complex Business Litigation (Insurance Claims)
- - Los Angeles
- Los Angeles , CA, USA
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Time
- Competitive Benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Manager to join our Forensic Accounting and Complex Business Litigation practice in our Los Angeles office.
In this position you will be responsible for managing client engagements and contributing to the marketing efforts for the Forensic Accounting and Complex Business Litigation practice. You will add value to our team by having previous experience in the service line and some experience in business development within the marketplace. This position requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of leading and managing engagements within forensic accounting investigation and business disputes focused on business interruption and damage quantification associated with natural disasters and FEMA-related insurance claims
- Build and review complex models to analyze economic and financial data using spreadsheets and databases
- Review and summarize client documents, analyst reports, and third party financial and industry data
- Create and develop client deliverables including, but not limited to, research summaries, expert reports, and the presentation of findings
- Integrate with all other StoneTurn practice areas to deliver coordinated services on investigations
- Lead and participate in marketing and networking initiatives
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Build client base internal (cross-functional) and external relationships
- Accountable for multiple priorities/projects, timely preparation and quality control of client deliverables while managing the expectations of clients to help ensure satisfaction
- Effectively manage risks associated with engagements
- Demonstrate professionalism and foster a team-oriented environment through maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work product and by maintaining a positive and cooperative attitude
- Facilitate client and internal team meetings to document client objectives and requirements, while making recommendations and determining the best solutions
- Mentor and develop Senior Consultants and Consultants by providing timely performance feedback/training and conducting performance reviews
- Foster a positive, efficient and team-oriented environment
- Ensure consistent high quality work product
- Research emerging issues and identify market facing opportunities
- Assist with engagement management administration, including billing and conflict checks
- B.A. in Accounting or related field; CPA is strongly recommended
- 5+ years of strong experience in accounting, economics or finance, including 2 or more years of dispute consulting, preferably in the financial services industry
- Flexibility with the potential travel requirements of client engagements
- Excellent managerial, leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to structure and perform technical projects, manage client expectations and relationships
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Commitment to exemplary client service delivery
- Experience in a professional services firm
- Experience in the financial services industry to include portfolio management and asset-backed securities (RMBS, MBS, etc) related to multiple regulatory departments
- Network of relationships within law firms and corporate legal departments
- Other professional designation(s) (CFA, CFE, CFF, PMP, CAMS)
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.