Manager - Economic Consulting and Competition (Part-time)
- - Los Angeles
- Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Hourly pay
- Part Time
- Not benefits eligible
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Manager to join our Economic Consulting and Competition practice on a part time basis in our Los Angeles office.
In this role you will be responsible for advanced analyses and managing portions of client engagements. You will add value to our team by having previous experience with financial, economic and anti-trust disputes within the litigation environment. This position requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
- Part-time opportunity, dedicating 20 per week to billable clients matters
- Perform economic consulting and anti-trust projects relating to expert reports in complex litigation matters
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of planning and management of engagements, including drafting expert reports and financial exhibits, as well as routinely attend and run meetings with clients
- Accountable for consistent high-quality work product prepared on a timely basis.
- Execute multiple priorities and projects on a daily basis delegating responsibilities as appropriate to engagement team members
- Ensure all quality control processes are followed and maintained on engagements
- Facilitate client and internal team meetings to document client objectives and requirements, while making recommendations and determining the best solutions
- Maintain regular contact with, and manage the expectations of, clients to help ensure satisfaction; report progress internally and externally, where applicable
- Participate in marketing and business development initiatives developing and maintaining client relationships.
- Mentor and develop Senior Consultants and Consultants by serving as a coach providing timely performance feedback/training and conducting performance reviews
- Foster a positive, efficient and team-oriented environment
- Advanced degree in economics, finance or statistics
- Significant prior economic consulting and anti-trust dispute experience, 5+ years total experience in economics accounting or finance and disputes
- Proficiency with statistical tools (i.e., STATA, Visual Basic, or SAS) and applying them to complex dispute matters.
- Professional demeanor with excellent oral communication skills and proficient in technical writing
- Demonstrated ability to structure and perform technical projects, manage client expectations and relationships
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Commitment to exemplary client service delivery
- PhD in economics, statistics or finance
- Knowledge of programming languages Python and R
- Professional designation(s) (i.e., CPA, CVA, CFE, CFA, CLP, similar)
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.