Senior Consultant - Intellectual Property and Economic Damages (Austin)
- - Austin
- Austin, TX, USA
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Time
- Competitive Benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified experienced intellectual property and economic damages Senior Consultant to join our team. We are flexible on office location between Austin, Dallas, New York and San Francisco.
StoneTurn's Intellectual Property professionals possess significant experience providing a range of litigation support and transactional services. Drawing from diverse backgrounds in licensing, economics, law, and finance, StoneTurn has provided IP services to client companies ranging from start-up organizations to Fortune 50 multinational enterprises, and for a majority of the NLJ 50 law firms.
In this role you will be responsible for advanced analyses and managing portions of client engagements. You will add value to our team by having previous experience in financial dispute consulting within the litigation environment. This position requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
- Economic consulting projects including relating to expert reports in complex commercial and intellectual property litigation matters
- Understand and incorporate client needs and objectives into work plans and work product
- Ability to gather, organize, understand, analyze and summarize supporting documentation
- Read, understand, interpret financial statements and records and perform analyses.
- Compile and analyze facts and circumstances to formulate, substantiate and critique various damages theories, claims or conclusions
- Understand, develop and utilize computer models streamlining detailed and potentially complex information into clear and concise analyses
- Develop and communicate work product, both orally and in writing to management and clients
- Draft reports noting findings including the preparation of tables, exhibits and charts
- Assist with engagement management administration, including budgeting, billing and conflict checks
- Develop and maintain client relationships and internal relationships
- Supervise Consultants and Interns assisting with gathering, organizing and understanding supporting documentation as well as providing quality control
- Mentor and develop Consultants and Interns
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or economics
- A minimum three years of strong experience in finance or business
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Commitment to exemplary client service delivery
- Must be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements of client service projects
- Advanced business degree business in finance or economics
- MBA, ASA, and/or CFA, a plus
- Professional services or consulting experience preferred, national CPA or consulting firm experience is a plus
- Network of relationships with law firms and corporate legal departments
- Foreign language capabilities are a plus
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.