Managing Director - Cyber Investigations, Intelligence and Response (Chicago)
- - Chicago
- 60603, IL, USA
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Time
- Competitive Benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance, and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel, and government agencies on regulatory, risk, and compliance issues, investigations, and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry, and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Managing Director of Cyber Investigations, Intelligence and Response to join our growing Cybersecurity Investigations Practice in Boston, Chicago, New York, or Washington DC markets
In this position, you will be responsible for managing client engagements, hiring, training, and mentoring Managers, Senior Consultants, and Consultants for our growing Cyber Security Practice. You will add value to our team by having an established and growing presence within the industry along with deep technical expertise. In addition, you have a proven track record of leading successful cyber investigations and incidents within the consulting or law enforcement environment spanning areas related to computer intrusion, ransomware, and national security issues. This position requires you to be a person with superior interpersonal, communication, and technical skills.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of managing global engagements on a variety of cybersecurity investigation matters, including but not limited to, incident response matters such as data breach and theft and ransomware with an ability to lead analysis, investigations, and other engagement needs
- Integrate and cross-market with other StoneTurn practice areas to deliver coordinated services on investigations, litigation and compliance and monitoring matters
- Assist with the proposal process for engagements, including the preparation of budget estimates
- Demonstrate professionalism and foster a team-oriented environment through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidentiality nature of client relationships and work product
- Facilitate client and internal team meetings to document client objectives and requirements, while driving consensus and determining the best solution
- Lead investigations, incident response, and threat intelligence engagements
- Assist the Partner in growing the Cyber practice, including the creation and development of client deliverables and present findings
- Mentor and develop staff to ensure the execution of client objectives and deliverables including Managers, Senior Consultants and Consultants
- B.S. in computer science or a related field
- 12 - 15+ years of client service experience including expertise in the areas of cyber security, information risk assessment within law firms, regulatory bodies law enforcement agencies, or similar organizations
- Specialized experience in leading successful cyber investigations and incidents in the fields of consulting or law enforcement, covering computer intrusion, ransomware, and national security issues, interviewing persons of interest
- Cyber Security Certifications including CISSP, one or more SANS GIAC, CISM, CISA
- Knowledge and thought leadership in the cyber security/information security space
- Demonstrated knowledge in detecting, analyzing and mitigating cyber threat actor activity
- 7+ years of management and supervisory experience
- Manage a team and lead them through engagement management administration, including billing and conflict checks
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Facilitate client and internal team meetings to document client objectives and requirements, while making recommendations and determining the best solutions
- Flexibility with the potential travel requirements related to client engagements and firm matters
- Demonstrated ability to structure and perform technical projects, manage client expectations and relationships
- Excellent prioritization skills, commitment to exemplary client service delivery
- Airforce OSI or FBI Cyber background
- Multi-agency investigative work (DOJ/FBI, etc.)
- Expert testimony experience
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Applicants for employment in the United States must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.