Senior Consultant - Competition Practice (Los Angeles)
- - Los Angeles
- Los Angeles , CA, USA
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Time
- Competitive Benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Senior Consultant to join our Competition Practice in our LA, San Francisco, Boston, DC or Houston office.
In this role you will be responsible for advanced economic analyses and managing portions of client engagements. You will add value to our team by having previous experience in economic consulting within the litigation environment. This position requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
- Perform economic and statistical analysis relating to expert reports in complex antitrust, class-action and commercial litigation matters
- Organize, manipulate and analyze large and/or unstructured datasets utilizing statistical software
- Develop and communicate work product, both orally and in writing to management and clients
- Compile and analyze facts and circumstances to formulate, substantiate and critique various damages theories, claims or conclusions
- Draft reports noting findings including, but not limited to the preparation of tables, exhibits and data visualizations
- Understand and incorporate client needs and objectives into work plans and work product
- Develop and maintain client relationships and relationships with firm executives
- Supervise, mentor and develop Consultants and Interns
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Statistics, or related quantitative field with demonstrated coursework in economics.
- Understands and can apply intermediate economic, statistical, and econometric concepts.
- A minimum three years of statistical programming experience utilizing Stata, preferably in a dispute consulting environment.
- The ability to work with large structured and unstructured datasets that are imported from a variety of formats.
- Excellent prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated record of working well in both team and independent atmospheres
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be flexible with work schedule and requirements of client service projects.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Master's degree in Economics or Statistics
- Familiarity with other statistical software: SAS, R, or similar
- SQL proficiency a plus.
- Familiarity with Tableau a plus.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.