Manager - Forensic Investigations (London)
- - London
- London, LOND, GBR
- Competitive Compensation
- Full Time
- Competitive Benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Manager to join our Forensic Investigations service line in London, United Kingdom
In this position, you will be responsible for supporting the Partners to grow StoneTurn's U.K. Investigations Practice and participate in client engagements in the London marketplace. You will add value to our team by having previous experience in professional services firm on corporate, regulatory and/or criminal investigation engagements. You will have an established presence in the industry with technical expertise and a strong passion and flair to develop client relationships and hands-on business development within the marketplace. You may also assist in providing services to the Compliance & Monitoring practice area as needed.
- Participate in engagement proposal process for investigation engagements including conflict checks, proposals and pitches, budgeting and billing.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of engagement planning and management for a variety of corporate, regulatory and/or criminal investigations and compliance & monitoring engagements.
- Act as day-to-day leader on engagements, collaborating with and taking direction from senior management and engagement Partners to develop and execute workplan.
- Understand and incorporate client needs and objectives into work plans and work product
- Develop and utilise financial analyses, organising detailed and potentially complex information into clear and concise outputs, case summaries or conclusions
- Accountable for multiple priorities/projects, timely preparation and quality control of client deliverables while managing the expectations of clients to help ensure satisfaction
- Communicate verbal and written work product both internally and amongst clients
- Develop and maintain strong client relationships
- Demonstrate professionalism and foster team-oriented environment through positive and cooperative attitude
- Integrate with other StoneTurn practice areas to deliver coordinated services
- Lead and participate in marketing initiatives; research and identify opportunities; build external client base and internal (cross-functional) relationships
- Maintain confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work product
Required qualifications and skills
- Good class degree in any discipline
- Qualified Chartered/Certified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or equivalent) – preferably first-time passes
- Three+ years PQE of experience in providing forensic accounting and investigation services preferably at a "Big 4" or highly reputed mid-tier or boutique professional services firm
- A minimum of two years of audit/assurance experience
- Prior experience of conducting forensic accountancy and investigation work on criminal cases (E.G. Financial Conduct Authority, Serious Fraud Office) and an understanding of criminal evidence handling and disclosure procedures
- Strong analytical and technical accounting skills
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent supervisory, leadership and prioritisation skills
- Strong data analysis, manipulation and visual skills with superior knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel
- Experience with or aptitude for Forensic Technology and Forensic Data Analytics tools and techniques
- Commitment to exemplary client service and deadline delivery
- Must be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements of client service projects including international assignments (20 – 30% travel on average)
Other desirable qualifications
- Foreign language capabilities are a plus
- Compliance & monitoring experience
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.
Applicants for employment in UK must have work authorisation that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.