Manager - Intellectual Property and Dispute Litigation
- - Chicago
- Chicago, IL, USA
- Full Time
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Intellectual Property and Economic Damages Manager to join our Chicago office.
StoneTurn's Intellectual Property professionals possess significant experience providing a range of litigation support and transactional services. Drawing from diverse backgrounds in licensing, economics, law, finance and accounting, StoneTurn has provided IP services to client companies ranging from start-up organizations to Fortune 50 multinational enterprises, and for a majority of the NLJ 50 law firms.
In this role you will be responsible for advanced analyses and managing portions client engagements. You will add value to our team by having previous experience in financial dispute consulting within the litigation environment. This position requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
- Direct and assist in complex economic and financial analyses relating to accounting, damages, valuation, economics, financial transactions and similar subjects.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of planning and management of engagements for a variety of forensic and litigation matters
- Build and review complex models to analyze economic and financial data using spreadsheets and databases
- Review and summarize client documents, analyst reports and third party financial and industry data
- Create and develop client deliverables including research summaries, expert reports and the presentation of findings
- Integrate with all StoneTurn's practice areas to deliver coordinated services on investigations
- Accountable for timely preparation and quality control of client deliverables
- Lead and participate in marketing initiatives
- Develop and maintain client relationships
- Maintain regular contact with, and manage the expectations of, clients to help ensure client satisfaction, and report progress, both internally and externally, where applicable
- Ensure all quality control processes are followed and maintained on engagements
- Build client base and internal (cross-functional) and external relationships
- Effectively manage risk associated with engagements
- Demonstrate professionalism through a positive and cooperative attitude and by maintaining the confidential and proprietary nature of client relationships and related work products
- Facilitate client and internal team meetings to document client objectives and requirements, while making recommendations and determining the best solutions
- Mentor and develop Senior Consultants and Consultants by providing timely performance feedback/training and conducting performance reviews
- Foster a positive, efficient and team-oriented environment
- Ensure consistent high quality work product
- Execute multiple priorities and projects on a daily basis
- Research market issues and identify market opportunities
- Assist with engagement management administration, including billing and conflict checks
- CPA, CVA, CFE, MBA and/or advanced degree in economics, accounting or finance
- 5+ years of strong experience in accounting, economics or finance including 2 or more years of dispute consulting
- Flexibility for reasonable firm and client travel
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to structure and perform technical projects, manage client expectations and relationships
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Commitment to exemplary client service delivery
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
A "full-time employee" is an employee who is expected to work an average 30 or more hours per week during each calendar month.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.