Part-Time Intern - CFIUS Compliance
- - District of Columbia (D.C.)
- Washington D.C., DC, USA
- Part Time
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., South Africa, Brazil and Germany, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Intern to join our team on part-time basis
Our CFIUS/National Security practice provides strategic advice and investigative services to attorneys, corporations, governments, venture capital and private equity firms within diverse industries. StoneTurn also serves as independent compliance auditor/monitor of national security agreements. We have experienced, attorneys, certified public and chartered accountants, former auditors and investigators, many of whom have joined StoneTurn from the global accounting firms, consulting firms, corporations and government agencies.
In this role you will be responsible for researching CFIUS rules, regulations and actions, participating in thought leadership marketing and business development initiatives and providing analysis on billable client matters. You will also be responsible for working on compliance and investigation related matters as needed. You will have strong analytical skills and excellent prioritization skills. This position also requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
- Provide consulting services to our clients as it relates to controls, compliance and monitoring matters as well as forensic accounting and dispute litigation services
- Understand and incorporate client needs and objectives into work plans and work product
- Gather, organize, understand, analyze and summarize supporting documentation
- Read, understand and interpret company compliance and control procedures financial statements and records
- Compile and analyze facts and circumstances to formulate, substantiate and critique various theories, claims or conclusions
- Understand, develop and utilize computer models streamlining detailed and potentially complex information into clear and concise analyses
- Perform financial analyses, summarize and report results through multiple forms of client deliverables
- Develop and communicate work product, both orally and in writing, to management and clients
- Assist with engagement management administration, including budgeting, billing and conflict checks
- Develop and maintain client relationships and relationships with firm executives
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal data analytics and forensic technology teams
- Bachelor's degree candidate or higher, pursuing a national security major
- Ability to work 15-20 hour per week, on average
- Strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a team environment
- Proficiency in, or experience using, Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access)
- Prior experiences in professional services (law, audit, tax, consulting)
- Foreign language capabilities are a plus
- Microsoft SQL or other database skills as a plus
A "part-time" status is an employee who is hired into a position for which anticipates hourly contributions to be less than 30 hours per week.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.