Managing Director - Private Equity
- - New York City
- New York City, NY, USA
- Competitive pay + bonus
- Full Time
- Competitive benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders - partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies' - opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Managing Director to expand its Private Equity Practice. The location preference for this role is New York City, New York.
You will be responsible for the execution of StoneTurn's private equity strategy in the US in conjunction with the PE Leadership team. You will collaborate with Partners across the firm to deliver a strategic plan including raising the firm's profile in the PE/hedge fund market, leveraging pre-existing relationships and driving the acquisition of new clients focusing on the US and EMEA.
- Produce and execute strategic plan in conjunction with London and colleagues in the US to develop the Private Equity (PE) business in the US.
- Win and project manage PE and related projects with the support of team.
- Work closely with Partners to identify cross-selling opportunities and leverage existing relationships to strengthen and develop them.
- Build strategic informal partnerships to provide cross-selling opportunities i.e., strategic communications firms, PE leads in search firms, M&A lawyers focused on PE deals.
- Produce thought leadership on key business issues which impact PE.
- Attend industry events, hold webinars and events for clients on hot topics which will impact on PE sector.
- Draft relevant content for marketing and business development.
- Good class degree in any discipline.
- 10-15+ years' experience within consulting (business intelligence or investigations) or government service or the Financial Service sector.
- A demonstrable track record of winning business.
- Experience working with the Financial Services sector, preferably Private Equity or hedge fund/VC, 'PE literate', and understands the deal cycle and how consultants can support Private Equity.
- A strong track record of identifying, building and sustaining long-term relationships in their Financial Services network and ideally with existing PE clients.
- Ability to plan and manage at strategic levels while displaying willingness to engage on the operational level (project delivery and management against broader objectives of business).
- Exceptional track record of developing and executing strategies that have consistently met or exceeded planned objectives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment.
- Strong strategic planning and analysis skills to identify leads, including imminent deals and transactions which may require StoneTurn's support.
- Excellent written and sophisticated oral communication skills. Ability to speak authoritatively and credibly about PE in a variety of forums (one-to one, pitches, panels and events).
- Collaborative mind-set, strong at 'connecting the dots', content to work autonomously with pace and drive.
- Strong level of integrity and a good role model.
- Mentor and coach to staff and colleagues of the firm.
- Strong grasp of the principles of risk assessment and mitigation.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.