Consultant - Compliance & Monitoring, Forensic Accounting and Litigation
- - New York City
- New York City, NY, USA
- Competitive pay + bonus
- Full Time
- Competitive benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K. and in Germany, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Consultant to join our Forensic Accounting, Compliance & Monitoring, and Disputes team.
Our Compliance & Monitoring, Forensic Accounting and Dispute Litigation practices provide financial analysis and investigative services to attorneys, corporations, regulatory agencies and individuals. We have experienced, certified public and chartered accountants, former auditors and investigators, many of whom have joined StoneTurn from the global accounting firms, consulting firms, corporations and government agencies.
In this role you will be responsible for compliance analysis particularly focusing on regulatory and enforcement matters. You will also be responsible for financial and economic analysis performed within the investigation and dispute litigation environment. You will add value to our team by having previous experience in a professional services firm, working as an auditor or as a consultant focused on litigation and compliance based matters. You will have strong analytical skills and excellent prioritization skills. This position also requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and technical skills.
- Provide consulting services to our clients as it relates to compliance and monitoring matters
- Provide consulting services on forensic accounting investigations and litigation including the support of expert reports in complex commercial and intellectual property litigation matters, as needed
- Understand and incorporate client needs and objectives into work plans and work product
- Gather, organize, understand, analyze and summarize supporting documentation
- Read, understand and interpret company compliance and control procedures financial statements and records
- Perform compliance analyses while understanding their impact to financial statements
- Compile and analyze facts and circumstances to formulate, substantiate and critique various theories, claims or conclusions
- Understand, develop and utilize computer models streamlining detailed and potentially complex information into clear and concise analyses
- Develop and communicate work product, both orally and in writing to management and clients
- Draft work product to include reports and presentations of the highest quality
- Assist with engagement management administration, including budgeting, billing and conflict checks
- Develop and maintain client relationships and relationships with firm executives
- Develop and maintain working relationships with internal data analytics and forensic technology teams
- College or University graduate in business, accounting, economics, or finance. Students from top tier liberal arts colleges are encouraged to apply
- 1+ year of experience in Audit, Finance, Economics Consulting, Accounting
- Eligible to sit for CPA exam or are in process of obtaining an advanced degree in business, accounting or economics
- Experience in accounting or finance is encouraged, preferably as a staff auditor or forensics practitioner
- Strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Commitment to exemplary client service delivery
- Must be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements of client service projects (10-30% travel overall average)
- Experience providing litigation services a plus
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Client service experience preferred, national large public accounting firm experience is a plus
- Foreign language capabilities are a plus (German, Vietnamese, Malay, Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish and Portuguese)
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.