- - Boston
- Boston, MA, USA
- Full Time
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K. and in Germany, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies' opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a Sr Accountant to join our operations team in our Boston or NYC office!
We are looking for a high-energy, well-organized team player. This role requires you to demonstrate business professionalism, the ability to multi-task and work in a high growth environment. You will add value to our team by having strong analytical skills, great attention to detail and excellent prioritization skills. This role will interact closely with all internal levels of the firm including owners and senior management, as well as external parties including clients and banking contacts. Critical success factors include strong communication skills, judgment and diplomacy when executing Partner requests and when interacting with team members and senior management.
- Work collaboratively with internal operations team members, internal stakeholders, and external vendors
- Ownership of recurring accounting process for assigned companies (US and non-US based)
- Supervise, review, and professionally support and develop the Staff Accountant, a direct report
- Mange the entire Accounts Payable process: review invoice entry and payment cycles, maintain vendor relationships, and expense management
- Cash management: ensure daily cash receipts and application is performed daily, review cash disbursement for payment/posting, prepare/review bank reconciliations.
- Provide Billing support to Engagement Managers and Partners; understanding of GAAP revenue recognition principles required
- Command ownership of the monthly general ledger close cycle for assigned companies including: preparation of account reconciliations and associated journal entries, review staff prepared account reconciliations and journal entries, fixed asset management, accruals management, and expense account flux analysis
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements for assigned companies
- Manage centralized Accounting and Billing email accounts, the focal point of department communication
- Assist with preparation of quarterly financial and bank compliance packages
- Prepare regulatory filings, including VAT and state/city property tax filings
- Provide support to Controller, VP of Finance to complete annual review with external auditors, and additional ad-hoc projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance, or economics, preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience (combination of public and/or private industry)
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills, strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Detail-oriented personality with proven attention to prioritization to meet internal and external deadlines
- General knowledge of accounting controls, processes and procedures
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to grow within role and take on new tasks and responsibilities
- Comfort working with debits and credits and/or willingness to expand current skillset
- Evaluate current processes and propose improvements; readiness to implement proposals
- Experience in an entrepreneurial environment and/or Professional Services firm would be helpful
- Advanced computer literacy with specific proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint, knowledge of databases a plus
- Experience with Deltek Vision (ERP), SAP Concur a plus
- Foreign Language Skills (German, Vietnamese, Malay, Mandarin, Cantonese, Spanish and Portuguese) a plus
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.