- - New York City
- NY, USA
- Full Time
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K. and in Germany, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking an Accountant to join our operations team in our NYC office!
We are looking for a high-energy, well-organized team player. This role requires you to demonstrate business professionalism, the ability to multi-task and work in a high growth environment. You will add value to our team by having strong analytical skills, great attention to detail and excellent prioritization skills. This role will interact closely with all internal levels of the firm including owners and senior management, as well as external parties including clients and banking contacts. Critical success factors include strong communication skills, judgment and diplomacy when executing Partner requests and when interacting with team members and senior management.
• Demonstrate understanding of revenue recognition principles and take ownership of accounts receivable process including billing, collections, and write-offs
• Responsible for preparation of monthly work-in-progress reports, draft client invoices, coordinate edits, and deliver electronic invoices to clients
• Suggest and implement changes to enhance the current accounts receivable process
• Record and apply cash receipts to outstanding accounts receivables
• Record accounts payable; schedule and prepare authorized disbursements of payment
• Perform weekly cash reconciliation
• Responsible for Timesheet and Expense report collection, review and posting
• Assist with month-end close cycle working closely with other Finance Team members
• Develop work plans and coordinate the successful completion of routine, ad hoc, analyses and projects under supervision
• Perform miscellaneous administrative duties as needed
Qualifications / Requirements:
• Bachelor degree in business, accounting, finance, or economics, preferred
• 1+ year of relevant work experience preferred, Business experience in corporate billing/accounting preferred
• Strong analytical, technical and interpersonal skills
• Great attention to detail
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to thrive while working in a team environment
• Proficiency in, or experience using Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access
• Advanced Excel skills are preferred.
• Experience in Deltek Vision is a plus
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.
Apply directly on StoneTurn's career page at http://stoneturn.hirecentric.com/jobs/. For additional information, go to www.stoneturn.com.