Business Intelligence - Manager
- - New York City
- New York City, NY, USA
- Competitive pay + bonus
- Full Time
- Competitive benefits
Analyst (Manager) – Investigative Research & Analysis Practice
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, Singapore and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders - partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies' - opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Analyst (Manager) to join its Investigative Research & Analysis Practice.
StoneTurn's Business Intelligence practice provides services to a variety of public and private sector clients, including government agencies, Fortune 100 companies, leading investment funds, law firms, real estate companies, financial institutions, and nonprofit organizations. We work with a drive to uncover the truth and to find answers for our clients.
In this role you will be responsible for conducting investigative research to support a broad range of matters, including due diligence, litigation support, asset tracing and fraud investigations. You will also be responsible for research of a wide range of public record databases, including commercial and proprietary databases, assessing findings, synthesizing information and drafting comprehensive reports. You will conduct document reviews in the context of investigations. You will add value to our team by possessing a demonstrated ability to strategize, prioritize and execute. You will have strong analytical skills and excellent attention to detail. This position also requires you to be a person with strong interpersonal, communication and report-writing skills.
- Define goals/objectives of matter, develop investigative strategies and determine research parameters
- Conduct analytical research utilizing various proprietary databases and public record resources;
- Establish search parameters and coordinate onsite record checks;
- Review, assess and synthesize data from a variety of sources;
- Identify relevant information and develop leads for further investigation;
- Prepare comprehensive, accurate written reports detailing research results and key findings;
- Participate in interviews and draft summary memos; and
- Attend client meetings, report findings to clients and/or participate in business development activities.
- Confer with colleagues (internal) and clients (external) regarding new Investigative Research matters
- Scope research assignments, prepare budgets and write proposals
- Draft Letters of Engagement and perform conflict checks
- Identify and onboard additional (external) research resources/subcontractors
- Perform briefings and prepare assignments for analysts and/or subcontractors
- Oversee work and provide direction to analysts and/or subcontractors while tracking their workload and availability along with adherence to established budgets and deadlines
- Review/approve client invoices
- Supervise staff team members on projects and firmwide initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree; 5+ years' relevant experience
- Experience conducting due diligence investigations and/or comparable investigative work;
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to prioritize assignments and multi-task; and
- Working knowledge of various public record resources, such as LexisNexis, PACER, CourtLink, TLO, IRB/Accurint/Delvepoint, Factiva, Westlaw and/or related proprietary databases.
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.