Senior Consultant - Data Analytics (Investigations, Monitoring, Litigation)
- - New York City
- New York City, NY, USA
- Competitive pay + bonus
- Full Time
- Competitive benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced, rapidly growing firm that values culture, work-life balance and reputation above all? If so, StoneTurn could be the right fit for you.
StoneTurn, a global advisory firm, assists companies, their counsel and government agencies on regulatory, risk and compliance issues, investigations and business disputes. We serve our clients from offices across the U.S., U.K., Germany, Brazil, and South Africa, assisted by a network of senior advisers around the world.
StoneTurn's leaders'partners and alumni of international public accounting and consulting firms, industry and government agencies'opted for a different professional services model. Our vision is to create a highly collaborative team of professionals who prefer "hands-on" client service and focus on forming long-term, trusted relationships.
StoneTurn is seeking a qualified Senior Consultant to join our Data Analytics practice.
The Data Analytics Group at StoneTurn serves clients directly, providing stand-alone analysis of financial and operational data, identification and extraction of outlier transaction or trends (anomaly detection) and presentation of findings. The group also enhances the capabilities of, and brings added efficiencies to, key practice areas by providing a full spectrum of data analysis services to forensic and complex business engagements within the litigation environment. Applying more than just programming expertise, our Data Analytics professionals understand the objectives of the requested analyses and participate fully in the planning, execution and delivery of value added results.
In this position, you will work with multiple database platforms manipulating large, complex datasets to provide data-mining solutions to a variety of consulting engagements. You will work with all practice areas within StoneTurn and be exposed to multiple areas of litigation and investigations applying your skills to combine, analyze and visualize disparate data sources.
- Participate in data-collection conversations with our attorney clients
- Prepare strategic analysis plans with StoneTurn colleagues
- Collect, import and validate client datasets
- Perform analytic data-mining activities manipulating data such to interpret financial patterns, unusual activity and dynamic financial damages theories.
- Consistently work with a number of relational databases building on past professional experiences utilizing data mining, anomaly testing among other data analytics skills to deliver quality work product.
- Communicate effectively providing quality data analytics work product to attorneys on a variety of complex business matters often performed in the dispute litigation environment
- Communicate data requirements and intricacies with technical and non-technical professionals
- Supervise Data Analytics Consultants in other firm office locations.
- Bachelor's degree in STEM, business or a related financial field with proven proficiency in computer science.
- 1-3 years of data analytics experience, preferably in a dispute consulting environment
- Relational database experience:
- SQL or Access proficiency required
- The ability to import data from a variety of sources and platforms
- Basic knowledge of database maintenance
- Oracle experience a plus
- Have proficient knowledge and experience with the Microsoft suite of products, emphasizing:
- Excel – Beyond "Vlookups", a demonstrated ability to create complex formulas, chart creation and use pivot functionality. Knowledge in VBA functionality a plus.
- Superior time management allowing for optimal engagement management, maintaining composure in highly stressful situations.
- Demonstrated record of working well in both team and independent atmospheres.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 40%
- Have experience with programming languages such as Python, .NET, or VBA.
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting, finance, and economics a plus.
- Knowledge in out-of-box accounting solutions (QuickBooks, SAGE) a plus
- Familiarity with visualization tools:
- Power BI
- Or similar
- Familiarity with statistical software:
- Or similar
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
Applicants for employment in US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship by StoneTurn.
StoneTurn provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or genetics.